Trinity College London launches new music publishing business
30 March 2016
Trinity College London is launching a new music publishing business, Trinity College London Press, which will start trading tomorrow, 1 April 2016.
Alongside the current range of Trinity publications that support music exams, Trinity College London Press will offer new titles that present a wider range of repertoire outside of exam syllabuses for musicians of all levels.
Sarah Kemp, Trinity’s Chief Executive, said: ‘We are delighted to be creating this new business, building on our successful and long-established music publishing operations. Trinity College London Press will develop a broad range of unique new publications to support and inspire musicians worldwide.’
New titles to be published by Trinity College London Press include:
Piano Dreams offers original collections of music for both solo pianists and duettists by the composer Anne Terzibaschitsch. Featuring music at easy to intermediate level, Piano Dreams weaves elements of storytelling into the music through the use of programmatic text, imaginative titles and lively illustrations. Two solo and two duet volumes will be available from April.
This three-volume collection of the most popular pieces from past Trinity piano syllabuses is accompanied by high-quality teaching notes. Designed to help pianists expand their repertoire and discover music from different styles and periods, Raise the Bar will also be available in April.
Stuart Pearce, Director, Music Publishing, said: ‘We look forward to offering an inspiring choice of titles, all with the same high quality values, introducing new composers and repertoire to encourage and support creative musical teaching, learning and performance’.
All Trinity titles will continue to be distributed globally via mds (music distribution services), and the Trinity online shop - trinitycollege.com/shop.
Notes to Editors
- Trinity College London is a registered charity and international exam board that has been providing assessments since 1877. With a rich heritage of academic rigour and a positive, supportive approach to assessment, Trinity provides recognised and respected qualifications across a unique spectrum of communicative skills including English language, music, rock & pop, drama and arts activities.
- Trinity supports the music education of students worldwide with graded exams, certificates and diplomas which are renowned for their flexible and creative repertoires.
- Trinity College London Press starts trading on 1 April 2016, offering inspiring new music titles in addition to Trinity College London’s current music publications.
- Trinity’s distributor and customer services remain unchanged.
- For further information, contact TCLPress@trinitycollege.com.