Entry requirements1) Teaching qualifications: Participants who are teachers of English need to have either:
- a pre-service qualification such as Trinity CertTESOL, Cambridge CELTA, or a national teaching certificate equivalent for ESOL.
- an in-service teaching qualification such as a Trinity LTCL Diploma, a Cambridge ESOL DELTA, an ESOL DTLLS or equivalent, or a national teaching certificate equivalent for ESOL.
2) Teaching qualifications: Participants who are teachers of other languages need to have:
- a national teaching qualification such as a Postgraduate Certificate of Education or equivalent in the teaching of the other language.
Participants may be asked to provide documented evidence of these qualifications:
Language learners: Participants must have access to real language learners, either a class or one-to-one students, and either f2f or online, to implement the final course project.
English proficiency: Competence in written and spoken English, whether English is the applicants' first, second or foreign language: successful applicants' levels of competence in English must be of a standard sufficient to enable them to fully understand and complete the course work. The minimum level of qualification accepted is that of Trinity ISE II / Cambridge First Certificate / IELTS 5,5 / TOEFL 500 / CEF B2. In some cases, participants may be asked to provide documented evidence of an English language qualification. In the absence of a recognised language qualification, a telephone interview and/or a sample of a participants' written work may be requested.
Internet skills: The course is taught entirely online, using the VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) Moodle. Participants do not need any prior experience or knowledge of online learning, although basic experience of email and Internet is expected.
Group work: Participants must be willing to work co-operatively as members of a group, and to complete short pair and group work tasks online during the course.
- an Internet connection, preferably broadband
- a headset (best is with a USB connection) or stand-alone microphone and speakers
- a webcam is optional
- an up-to-date browser
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- an up-to-date media player (eg Windows Media Player or similar)
- a word processing package (eg Microsoft Word or similar)