B1 SELT – ISE I
You must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) at least CEFR level B1 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening for a:
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa
- Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa
- Tier 2 (General) visa
- Tier 4 (General) Student visa (although UKVI requires a B1 test, some institutions require B2 — please check with your sponsor)
Trinity’s ISE I exam = CEFR B1.
Prepare for your test
Visit ISE I Teaching and learning support resources to find guidance and preparation activities to help you understand and practise for this exam.
|Teaching and learning support resources||SELT preparation courses|
Book your test
You must take exams for visas at a SELT centre.
|Book Belfast||Book Birmingham||Book Cardiff|
|Book Glasgow||Book Leeds||Book London Croydon|
|Book London Hammersmith||Book London Holborn||Book Manchester|
Take with you to the test
- You must take proof of identity (ID) to the SELT test centre. Please read Trinity’s SELT Centre Candidate ID policy
- Remember to download and complete a Topic Form to take to the exam for discussion with the examiner.
Results and certificates
When you get your results for ISE, you receive:
- a certificate if you passed both parts of the exam
- a diagnostic report for each skill showing how you performed in the exam
Candidates who pass both parts of their ISE SELT test usually receive their certificate within 15 days.
Visit our Understanding your ISE results page for:
- Information if you pass or fail
- Understanding your diagnostic report
- ISE scoring information
- How to improve your skills if you have failed
What do CEFR, SELT and ISE mean?
- CEFR = Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- SELT = Secure English Language Test
- ISE = Integrated Skills in English