B1 SELT – ISE I
You must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) at least CEFR level B1 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening for a:
- Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa
- Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa
- Tier 2 (General) visa
- Tier 4 (General) Student visa (although UKVI requires a B1 test, some institutions require B2 — please check with your sponsor)
Trinity’s ISE I exam = CEFR B1.
Prepare for your test
Visit ISE I Teaching and learning support resources to find guidance and preparation activities to help you understand and practise for this exam.
|Teaching and learning support resources||SELT preparation courses|
Book your test
You must take exams for visas at a SELT centre.
|Book Birmingham||Book Glasgow||Book Leeds|
|Book London Croydon||Book London Hammersmith||Book London Holborn|
Take with you to the test
- You must take proof of identity (ID) to the SELT test centre. Please read Trinity’s SELT Centre Candidate ID policy
- Remember to download and complete a Topic Form to take to the exam for discussion with the examiner.
Results and certificates
Results will be issued and sent usually within 21 days of taking your ISE test. When you receive your ISE results, you will also receive:
- a diagnostic report for each skill showing how you performed in the test
- a certificate - when you pass both parts of the test (Speaking & Listening, Reading & Writing)
Visit our Understanding your ISE results page for:
- Information if you pass or fail
- Understanding your diagnostic report
- ISE scoring information
- How to improve your skills if you have failed
What do CEFR, SELT and ISE mean?
- CEFR = Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- SELT = Secure English Language Test
- ISE = Integrated Skills in English