C1 SELT – ISE III
You must pass a Secure English Language Test (SELT) at least CEFR level C1 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening for a:
- Tier 4 (General) Student visa
Trinity’s ISE III exam = CEFR C1.
Prepare for your test
Visit ISE III (C1) teaching and learning support resources to find guidance and preparation activities to help you understand and practise for this exam.
|Teaching and learning support resources||SELT preparation courses|
Book your test
You must take exams for visas at a SELT centre.
|Book Birmingham||Book Glasgow||Book Leeds|
|Book London Croydon||Book London Hammersmith||Book London Holborn|
Take with you to the test
- You must take proof of identity (ID) to the SELT test centre. Please read Trinity’s SELT Centre Candidate ID policy
- Remember to prepare a formal presentation handout to take to the exam for discussion with the examiner - see Guide for Students – ISE III
- You may use brief notes to help you give your presentation, but you may not read from a script
Results and certificates
When you get your results for ISE, you receive:
- a certificate if you passed both parts of the exam
- a diagnostic report for each skill showing how you performed in the exam
Certificates are usually sent within 21 days of candidates passing both parts of the ISE test.
Visit our Understanding your ISE results page for:
- Information if you pass or fail
- ISE scoring information
- Understanding your diagnostic report
- How to improve your skills if you have failed
What do CEFR, SELT and ISE mean?
- CEFR = Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- SELT = Secure English Language Test
- ISE = Integrated Skills in English