Diploma in English Language Teaching Management (DELTM)
Changes to the Diploma in English Language Teaching Management (DELTM) qualification
Trinity College London regularly reviews its teaching qualifications portfolio and as part of this process therefore, the DELTM qualification will no longer be awarded by Trinity College London. Final Trinity certificates for the DELTM will be issued in December 2018.
The course content for the DELTM will continue to be owned and offered by English UK under the DELTM name. All DELTM certificates issued to date remain valid and will continue to be internationally recognised as a quality professional development qualification.
All queries relating to DELTM certification should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DELTM aims to meet the needs of those in English Language teaching who have line management requirements as part of their role. This might range from those who are senior teachers or teacher trainers to directors of studies or school principals. The aims of the course are to enhance candidates’ management skills and expertise, increasing their ability to manage teams and organisations as well as improving their ability to deliver quality products to both external and internal clients.
This international qualification is offered in partnership by English UK and Trinity College London. Course validation and administration is carried out by English UK, while Trinity handles the moderation of course assignments.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is suitable for those in a line management position in the ELT sector. Ideally candidates will have an initial teaching qualification (eg CertTESOL) and a Level 7 teaching qualification (eg DipTESOL).
Candidates should be in a position of line management experience in an educational or business context, and have English at level C1 of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
It is also desirable to have a diploma in TEFL/TESOL or an MA in Applied Linguistics/TESOL/TEFL, an initial teaching qualification and at least five years' ELT teaching experience, and be at Principal, Academic Director, DOS or ADOS level.
What can the Diploma in English Language Teaching Management do for you?
- Increase confidence in your ability to line manage a diverse range of teachers and specialist areas within ELT, learning about routine, tactical and strategic management.
- Develop the knowledge and skills required to become an effective and successful professional manager.
- Improve your career prospects and earning potential with a qualification that has international currency.
- Achieve the quality standard that will provide advantage in a competitive industry.
- Demonstrate to clients and employers that you are qualified to lead and manage in the field of professional English.
- Gain a respected international qualification from Trinity, a trusted awarding body with over 70 years’ experience in English language testing.
Please contact English UK for course dates and further information.